What is “BCP”?
BCP stands for Business Continuity Planning, or the practice of planning how your department will provide services or conduct departmental business during or after an emergency or disaster that may have both short-term and long-term consequences.
What is the BCP Tool Online Plan Generator?
Developed by OEP, the BCP Tool Online Plan Generator is an easy and efficient web-based method to create a Business Continuity Plan (BCP). After department team members complete eight user friendly sections, the system will automatically generate a department-specific BCP.
How do I access the BCP Tool?
Department leads for continuity planning using a valid UGA MyID and password, can log into a secure link to request access to the BCP Tool: https://emer.prepare.uga.edu/osepforms/bcp_dept_login.cfm. Once your request has been reviewed, you will receive an email with a link to the BCP Tool which can be accessed with a valid UGA MyID and password.
Can I update the BCP Tool after I’ve submitted it?
Yes, upon log in, registered BCP Tool users will be able to enter and edit each section of the BCP online plan generator as needed to view, edit, or complete their plans.
How will I know when the BCP has been reviewed by OEP?
Upon completing the BCP, the program will automatically send OEP an email that the plan has been completed. After OEP has reviewed all sections in the BCP, team members connected with that department will receive an email from OEP with feedback/instructions related to the completed BCP.
How will I be notified when it is time to update our department’s BCP?
The system will automatically create an annual email reminder to team members connected with a specific department that it is time to update their BCP.
What information will I need to obtain prior to using the system?
It would be helpful for department BCP team members to quickly review the eight sections of the BCP Tool Online Plan Generator before starting the program. Some sections will require BCP team members to obtain the information from other sources before completing these section screens:
- Department Business Continuity Team members and their contact information
- Essential services for your department and the individuals responsible for those services
- Supplies, equipment and materials needed to support essential department services
- Critical department communication and IT services and the individuals responsible for those services
- Individuals who manage vital departmental records and their contact information
- Departmental emergency preparedness educational efforts
- Departmental Pandemic plans
- Training and testing of Departmental BCP’s