Skip to content
- Take cover immediately under a desk, chair or table for shelter.
- Seek shelter between seating rows in a lecture hall or against a corridor wall if in a hallway.
- Do not run outside during the shaking or use the stairways or elevators.
- If outside, move to an open area, away from buildings.
- Report injuries and/or building damage to the UGA Police at 911.
- Be alert for aftershocks, do not use elevators and evacuate carefully.
- Await instructions from first responders and do not re-enter buildings until they are deemed safe for reentry.