Notify the UGA Police at 911 immediately.
- Take the necessary precautions and actions to protect your well-being.
- DO NOT pull the fire alarm to alert others of an active shooter or active threat.
- Flee the area if you are able to do so safely and avoid danger.
- If flight is impossible, lock (or barricade) all doors and secure yourself in a safe area.
- If barricading in a safe area, shut off the lights and stay out of sight. Remain in place until an “all clear” is given by law enforcement.
- Take action as a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger. Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter or active threat by either throwing items or with physical aggression.
The UGA Office of Emergency Preparedness and the UGA Police Department developed a training program and video entitled “Plan, Prepare, React: Active Shooter Response Options for Institutes of Higher Education.” For more information on scheduling a training class or for additional active shooter response procedures, contact the Office of Emergency Preparedness at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 542-5845.