- Immediately report utility failures during regular work hours (Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) to the Facilities Management Work Order Desk at (706) 542-7456.
- Immediately report utility failures after regular work hours, on weekends, and on holidays to the UGA Police at (706) 542-2200.
- Evacuate the area immediately.
- Do not attempt to shut off or manipulate valves.
- Activate building emergency notification procedures to ensure everyone in the building is notified.
- Call the UGA Police at 911 and the Facilities Management Work Order Desk at (706) 542-7456 to report the problem.
- Do not switch on lights or any other electrical equipment. Do not smoke in the area.
- If leak is outside, do not remove any vehicles from the immediate area until cleared by the UGA Police or fire department.
- Account for all building personnel once outside and wait for further instructions from UGA Police and fire department.
- Report the outage to the Facilities Management Work Order Desk at (706) 542-7456 and the UGA Police at (706) 542-2200.
- Help co-workers in darkened areas move to safer locations.
- Secure current experimental work and keep refrigerators and freezers closed.
- Unplug personal computers, appliances and non-essential electrical equipment.
- Open windows for additional light and ventilation.
- Check all building elevators for stranded personnel/students. Advise UGA Police of locations of any disabled elevators with occupants.
- Follow the instructions given by the UGA Police, Facility Management Department personnel and the fire department.