Skip to content
- Notify the UGA Police at 911 immediately.
- Provide the emergency dispatcher with your name, location, a number of people injured, and a description of the medical emergency.
- Stay on the phone for instructions of how you can assist.
- Send a responsible person to meet first responders outside of the building on the street to lead the emergency responders back to the injured individual(s).
- Do not move the person unless there is an immediate threat to the injured person in that location.
- Be sure to wear personal protective equipment and avoid body fluids.
- Report the medical injury to your supervisor once the victim receives professional medical attention.
- UGA has many campus buildings equipped with a number of Automated External Defibrillators(map of AEDs) throughout campus.