NOTE: BEFORE ORDERING AN AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR (AED), DEPARTMENTS NEED TO CONTACT PETE GOLDEN, Office of Emergency Preparedness, for instructions.
After contacting OEP, follow these steps. Requesting departments are financially responsible for the AED equipment purchase, alarmed storage box, signage, medical oversight, installation, and any maintenance according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Note Cintas is our recommended vendor. By ordering the AED from the recommended vendor, the AED will be the same as existing AEDs on campus and will enrolled into the LifeREADY online management software which will include the medical oversight as required by the State of Georgia.
DEPARTMENTS USING UGAmart: BEFORE YOU LOG ON TO UGAmart: Choose either Package 1 or Package 2 and save the .PDF file to your computer, as you will need this file to upload later as an attachment when ordering in UGAmart.
* NOTE: During the ordering process in UGAmart, you will be prompted to upload your saved Package 1 or 2 file into the “External Line Attachment“. (Attachment link in UGAmart can be found on the Summary-Draft Requisition screen.)
* NOTE: During the ordering process in UGAmart, you will be prompted to upload a signed LifeREADY agreement into the “Internal Line Attachment“. This agreement must be obtained prior to purchasing the AED in UGAmart.
Departments ordering an AED via UGAmart use the following instructions:
UGA Departmental Orders
for Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Using UGA MART
(vendor: Cintas – ReviveR™ AED)
- Before you log into UGAmart, save the .PDF file (for either Package 1 or 2) to your computer, as you will be prompted during the ordering process in UGA MART to attach this file.
- Log into UGAmart using your UGA MyID
- Choose “non-catalog item tab (next to the” Go To:” prompt)
- Enter Supplier: CINTAS – UGA Fire Protection Division
- Enter Product Description: Reviver AED – Package Option ? specifications of package is attached. NOTE: Enter Package Option 1 OR 2 in the description field.
- Enter the quantity and the unit price estimate (either $1,483.85 for Package 1-Basic Model OR $2,409.85 for package 2 – ReviveR View)
- Save and Close (screen will go back to Home/Shop screen)
- Choose “Carts” tab, screen will go to Shopping Cart screen with Cintas as the choice.
- Verify the information, then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Enter your Account number and Detail Object (use 74300 as your detail object code)
- Screen will prompt you to click on: PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP: INTERNAL NOTES AND ATTACHMENTS
- Click on “add attachment…” – this is where you will browse your computer and ADD THE .PDF ATTACHMENT OF THE SIGNED LIFEREADY AGREEMENT.
- SAVE (you should now see your file Stat Pads Agreement attached in the “Internal Notes and Attachment” box)
- Click on: PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP: EXTERNAL NOTES AND ATTACHMENTS
- Click on “add attachment…” – this is where you will browse your computer and ADD THE .PDF ATTACHMENT OF PACKAGE 1 OR 2 THAT YOU PREVIOUSLY SAVED TO YOUR COMPUTER (in the External Notes and Attachments Box).
- SAVE (you should now see your file choice of Package 1 or 2 attached in the “External Notes and Attachment” box)
- Follow UGA MART instructions for final review and to complete the purchase process and place the order.